For completed, updated list, see Google Scholar:
Selected Recent Publications:
- Y.A. Mennah-Govela, G.M. Bornhorst. 2016. Mass transport processes in orange-fleshed sweet potatoes leading to structural changes during in vitro gastric digestion. Journal of Food Engineering. 191: 48-57.
- K. Gebauer, J.A. Novotny, G.M. Bornhorst, D.J. Baer. 2016. Food processing and structure impact the metabolizable energy of almonds. Food and Function. DOI: 10.1039/c6fo01076h.
- G.M. Bornhorst, K.C. Drechsler, C.A. Montoya, S.M. Rutherfurd, P.J. Moughan, R.P. Singh. 2016. Gastric protein hydrolysis of raw and roasted almonds in the growing pig. Food Chemistry. 211: 502-508.
- Y.A. Mennah, G.M. Bornhorst. 2016. Acid and moisture uptake in steamed and boiled sweet potatoes and associated structural changes during in vitro gastric digestion. Food Research International. doi:10.1016/j.foodres.2015.12.012.
- G.M. Bornhorst, M.J. Ferrua, R.P. Singh. 2015. A proposed food breakdown classification system to predict food behavior during gastric digestion. Journal of Food Science. 80(5): R924-934.
- Y. A. Mennah, G.M. Bornhorst, R.P. Singh. 2015. Acid diffusion into rice boluses as influenced by rice type, variety, and presence of a-amylase. Journal of Food Science. 80(2): E316-325.
- G.M. Bornhorst, S.M. Rutherfurd, M.J. Roman, B.J. Burri, P.J. Moughan, R.P. Singh. 2014. Gastric pH distribution and mixing of soft and rigid foods in the stomach using a dual-marker technique. Food Biophysics. 9(3): 292-300.
- G.M. Bornhorst, R.P. Singh. 2014. Gastric digestion in vivo and in vitro: How the structural aspects of food influence the digestion process. Annual Review of Food Science and Technology. 5:111-132.
- G.M. Bornhorst, L.Q. Chang, S.M. Rutherfurd, P.J. Moughan, R.P. Singh. 2013. The nature and emptying rate of gastric chyme after consumption of cooked brown or white rice in the growing pig. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 93(12): 2900-2908.
- G.M. Bornhorst, M.J. Ferrua, S.M. Rutherfurd, D.R. Heldman, R.P. Singh. 2013. Rheological properties and textural attributes of cooked brown and white rice during gastric digestion in vivo. Food Biophysics. 8(2): 137-150.