@ University of California, Davis
- ECI 171 / 171L: Soil Mechanics
- ECI 287: Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- ECI 284: Theoretical Soil Mechanics
@ Virginia Tech
- CEE 3514: Introduction to Geotechnical Engineering
- CEE 3804: Computer Applicationsa in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- CEE 5984: Numerical Modeling in Geotechnical Engineering
Educational and Mentoring Projects
“Blended mentoring approaches towards building and sustaining developmental networks: from a diverse first-generation graduate group to the boundaryless world” – University of California, Davis Office of Graduate Studies Wakeham Fellowship. Start date: 10/01/2018 (projected end data: 09/30/2019).
“Ladder Mentoring as a Continuous Support System: Investigating, Formalizing and Expanding Methods” – Geotechnical Women Faculty (GTWF) Seed Funding / National Science Foundation, PI, co-PIs: Dr. Colleen Bronner and Dr. Diane Moug (Portland State University). Start date: 10/01/2017.
Teaching and Mentoring Development
- Engaged Learning and Teaching Community at UC Davis (January 2017 – June 2017)
- New Faculty / Early Career Teaching Certificate Program (September 2015 – May 2016): Offered by the Center for Instructional Development & Educational Research (CIDER) at Virginia Tech
- ASCE ExCEEd (Excellence in Civil Engineering Education) Workshop (June 21-26, 2015): Improve teaching effectiveness in Civil Engineering courses. Topics covered: Principles of Effective Teaching, Learning Styles, Learning Objectives, Planning a Class, Communication Skills (Writing, Speaking, Questioning), Teaching Assessment.
- Using active learning strategies to transform your lectures (October 8, 2014): Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) at Virginia Tech, Workshop.
- Integrating teaching, learning, assessment and grading (October, 29, 2014): Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) at Virginia Tech, Workshop.
- Course Design-Redesign Institute (August 17-19, 2015): Offered by the Center for Instructional Development & Educational Research (CIDER)
- Flipping the Classroom (March 23, 2015): Workshop offered by the Center for Instructional Development & Educational Research (CIDER)
- Graduate Teaching Community (GTC) of UC Davis (2012 – 2014): Attended weekly meetings and developed mentoring and teaching skills through discussions and presentations on experiences.
- UC Davis ADVANCE (Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Career – Fall 2013): Attended a series of six workshops aiming at educating, advocating and inspiring women and men to empower young, bright females to pursue leadership roles.
- M3 Toolbox: Successfully Mentoring, Managing, and Motivating students (April – May, 2011): Attended a series of three workshops developed and led by Professors for the Future Scholars (Dr. Brina Montoya and Dr. Jennifer Neugebauer) of UC Davis for graduate students. Learned about effective mentoring attributes and their application towards the research laboratory environment.
Training and Mentoring as Graduate Student
- Geo-Wall Team of UC Davis (October – December 2012) Trained and guided the six members of the team during the design phase of their Geo-Wall ASCE submission. Ran and demonstrated DSS tests on sand, collaborated in the selection of sand properties.
- Visiting Researchers (April – June 2012 and October – December 2012): Trained Monika Maharjan (Ph.D. Candidate, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan) and Noriaki Sento (Professor, Nihon University, Japan) on the use of PM4Sand and FLAC during their academic visits at UC Davis