- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California San Diego, 2007
- M.S., Structural Engineering, University of California San Diego, 2005
- “Laurea” Degree, Civil Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome, 2002
- Director, CITRIS Climate Initiative, CITRIS and The Banatao Institute, October 2021 – present
- Co-Director, UC Davis Climate Adaptation Research Center, July 2019 – present
- Professor, University of California Davis, July 2018 – present
- Associate Professor, Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge, August 2013 – August 2018
- Assistant Professor, Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge, October 2007 – August 2013
- Research Assistant, University of California at San Diego, April 2002 – September 2007
- 2021 UC Davis Faculty Fellow for the Academy of Graduate Student Well-Being (inaugural cohort).
- 2021 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer Award for ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, Part A: Civil Engineering.
- 2021 Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- 2021 Eminent Engineer, Tau Beta Pi, CA-Lambda Chapter.
- 2020 EMI Service Award, Distinguished service as Chair of the Dynamics Committee.
- 2020 ASCE Sacramento Section Fredrick Panhost Structural Engineer Award.
- 2020 ASCE Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize.
- 2019 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer Award for Natural Hazards Review (ASCE).
- 2019 UC Davis ACCELERATE Fellowship.
- 2019 Fellow, Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI).
- 2019 Fellow, Structural Engineering Institute (SEI).
- 2018 EMI Service Award, Chair of the Dynamics Committee Student Paper Competition.
- 2018 AISC Advancing Structural Steel Education Award.
- 2017 LSU Service award.
- 2017 LSU College of Engineering Longwell Award for Instructor Excellence.
- 2016 Highly Cited Paper recognition, Structural Safety, Elsevier.
- 2012 Best Paper Award for Young Experts for the 12th International Symposium on Structural Engineering (ISSE-12).
- 2012 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer Award for the Journal of Structural Engineering.
- 2012 LSU Tiger Athletic Foundation Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- 2011 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer Award for the Journal of Structural Engineering.
- 2011 Junior Research Prize in the area of Development of Methodologies for Structural Dynamics, European Association for Structural Dynamics (EASD).
- 2009 ASCE Moisseiff Award.
- 2007 Outstanding Alumni 2007, Department of Structural Engineering, UC San Diego.
- 2007 ICASP10 Overseas Student Scholarship.
- 1995-2000 “Federazione Nazionale dei Cavalieri del Lavoro” Fellowship.
- Professional Board of Engineers of Isernia (Italy), License # 371, 2002 – present
- Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering, Louisiana, License # 38978, 2014 – present
- AEI Member
- EMI Charter Member (Fellow)
- SEI Member (Fellow)
- AISC Educator Member
- ASCE Member (Fellow)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB-USA) Member
- IALCCE Member
- IABMAS Member
- CERRA Member
- ACI Member
- IAWF Member
- ASME Member
- AAAS Member
- Tau Beta Pi, CA-Lambda Chapter, Eminent Engineer Member
Full CV available on request