- Feb 1994 Ph.D. in Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, NY. Thesis Advisors: Zvi Galil, Moti Yung. Thesis: Eﬃciency and Security of Distributed Protocols.
- May 1985 M.A. in Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley, CA. Thesis Advisors: Elwyn Berlekamp, Gilles Brassard. Thesis: Mathematical Investigations of the Data Encryption Standard.
- May 1983 B.A. in Mathematics, Pomona College, Claremont, CA. Recent Professional Experience
- July 2000-present U. C. Davis, CS Dept (Prof 2004, Assoc Prof 2002).
- 1998-2000 Xerox PARC, Palo Alto, CA, Member of Research Staﬀ.
- 1994-98 AT&T Research (aka Bell Labs), Principal Technical Staﬀ Member.
Fellowships and Awards
- Godel Prize (2013), ACM SIGACT / EATCS.
- Packard Foundation Fellowship in Science and Engineering (2001-08).
- NSF CAREER Award (2001-06).
- AT&T Bell Labs Ph.D. Scholar (1990-94).