- (2021) SP Gentry. “Using Scenario-Based Kinetics Simulations to Support Learning in Materials Science and Engineering.” Invited chapter in Simulations and Student Learning. Eds. M Schnurr and A. MacLeod.
- (2021) SP Gentry, G Sahragard-Monfared, ET Conley, “Re-inventing a Mechanical Properties of Materials Laboratory Course for Online Learning,” Amer. Soc. Eng. Edu. https://peer.asee.org/37639
- (2020) SP Gentry, JM Chamberlain, CE Bronner, “Developing An Online Seminar To Support Students New To Distance Learning.” Adv. in Eng. Edu. http://advances.asee.org/wp-content/uploads/Covid%2019%20Issue/Text/AEE-COVID-19-Gentry.pdf
- (2020) SP Gentry and K Thornton. “Sensitivity Analysis of a Phase Field Model for Static Recrystallization of Deformed Microstructures.” Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-651X/ab9751
- (2019) SP Gentry. “Motivation on Programming Assignments in Materials Science and Engineering.” Amer. Soc. Eng. Edu. https://peer.asee.org/33122
- (2018) SP Gentry, T Faltens, WA Wheeler, and A Schleife. “Measuring Student Learning of Crystal Structures Using Computer-based Visualizations.” Amer. Soc. Eng. Edu. https://peer.asee.org/30798
- Winner of ASEE Materials Division Best Paper Award, 2018.
- (2018) SP Gentry, CE Bronner, J Choi, JR White. “Successes and Difficulties Experienced by Engineering Transfer Students at a Large Public University.” Amer. Soc. Eng. Edu. https://peer.asee.org/31029
- (2017) SP Gentry and T Faltens. “A Computer-Based Interactive Activity for Visualizing Crystal Structures in Introductory Materials Science Courses.” Amer. Soc. Eng. Edu. https://peer.asee.org/27457
- (2015) SP Gentry and K Thornton. “Simulating recrystallization in titanium using the phase field method.” IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 89 https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/89/1/012024
- (2015) SP Gentry and JW Halloran. “Light scattering in absorbing ceramic suspensions: effect on the width and depth of photopolymerized features.” Eur. Ceram. Soc. 35 (6): 1895-1904. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2014.12.006
- (2013) SP Gentry and JW Halloran. “Depth and width of cured lines in photopolymerizable ceramic suspensions.” Eur. Ceram. Soc. 33 (10): 1981-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2013.02.033
- (2013) SP Gentry and JW Halloran. “Absorption effects in photopolymerized ceramic suspensions.” Eur. Ceram. Soc. 33 (10): 1989-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2013.03.004
- (2011) JW Halloran, V Tomeckova, S Gentry, S Das, P Cilino, D Yuan, R Guo, A Rudraraju, T Wu, W Baker, D Legzdina, D Wolski, W Zimbeck, and D Long. “Photopolymerization of Powder Suspensions For Shaping Ceramics.” Eur. Ceram. Soc. 31 (14): 2613-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2010.12.003
- (2009) KE Pappacena, SP Gentry, TE Wilkes, MT Johnson, S Xie, A Davis, and KT Faber. “Effect of Pyrolyzation Temperature on Wood-Derived Carbon and Silicon Carbide.” J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 29 (14): 3069-77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2009.04.040