Seminar on Success in Online Learning
- Prof. Susan P. Gentry, Materials Science and Engineering
- Prof. Colleen E. Bronner, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Prof. Julia M. Chamberlain, Chemistry
Many students were anxious about their academic success when transitioning to a quarter of online learning during Spring 2020 due to COVID-19. To support students, we developed a one-unit seminar titled “Strategies for Success in Online Learning.” The ten-week course emphasized reflective learning and taught practical skills such as time management, study skills, well-being, and motivation.
This course is the focus of a manuscript under consideration by the Advances in Engineering Education journal.
Available at https://ucdavis.box.com/s/sh7kr2sfwlg7b0ryh248znnhaq4ac92g
- Course description
- Course syllabus
- List of seminar topics
- (Folder) Weekly lecture slides for the instructor, including discussion prompts
- Slides for week 2 and 10 will be posted when the instructor returns from FMLA leave.
- (Folder) Weekly homework assignments
Additionally, the box folder includes slides from a webinar that the authors gave at the Summer Institute for Teaching and Technology, an internal teaching workshop at UC Davis. This webinar addressed the course development and logistics.
If you use or adapt these slides, please let us know! The primary point of contact is Susan Gentry at firstname.lastname@example.org.