- PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Spatial Kinematics – Kinematic Geometry) – University of California – Davis, 1988.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering (Biomechanics and Mechanical Design) – Purdue University, 1983.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering – Purdue University, 1981.
- 1988-1993, Washington University – St. Louis, Lee Hunter Assistant Professor of Mechanical Design (first recipient).
- 1989-1990, Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Cambridge and Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston, NIDRR Biomechanics Research Fellow.
- 1984-1987, University of California – Davis, Associate In Mechanical Engineering.