- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1977.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 1981.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 1984.
Honors and Awards
- Award of Excellence, American Society for Testing and Materials, June 1999, for work on Cold Starting and Pumpability of Modern Engines.
- Charles McCuen Special Achievement Award, General Motors Research and Development Center, December 1993, for the development of “Lubricant for ‘Ozone-Friendly’ Refrigerant”.
- 2002 Award for Research on Automotive Lubricants, Society of Automotive Engineers, joined with G. Lechner, A. Knafl, D. Assanis, M. McMillan, S. Tung, P. Mulawa, E. Bardasz, S. Cowling, for the paper: “Engine Oil Effects on the Friction and Emissions of a Light-Duty, 2.2L Direct – Injection – Diesel Engine Part 1 – Engine Test Results”, (SAE Paper No.2002-01-2681).
- 2001 SAE Arch T Colwell Merit Award, joined with Froelund, K., Owens, E.C., Frame, E., Buckingham, J., Garbak, J., and Jackson, A., for the paper: “Impact of Lubricant Oil on Regulated Emissions of a Light-Duty Mercedez-Benz OM611 CIDI-Engine”, (SAE Paper 2001-01-1901).