Shuguang (Robert) Cui, Ph.D (Stanford’05), IEEE Fellow
Child Family Endowed Chair Professor
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
One Shields Avenue, 3131 Kemper Hall
University of California
Davis, CA 95616
- Large scale data analytics;
- Integration of computing and communication;
- Machine learning for data-driven ICT systems;
- Sensor Networks and IoT;
- Cognitive wireless communication networks;
- Convex optimization;
- Design synergy of system protocols and hardware;
Major Awards and Honors:
2016: Child Family Endowed Professorship.
2016: Elected to the list of Highly Cited Researchers by Thomson Reuters.
2015: Elected as an IEEE ComSoc Distinguished Lecturer.
2015: Elected as a TAMU TEES Fellow for excellence in research, teaching, and service.
2014: Elected to the list of Highly Cited Researchers by Thomson Reuters.
2014: Elected to the list of World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds by ScienceWatch.
2014: Texas A&M University ECE Outstanding Faculty Award.
2014: Texas A&M University Engineering School Contribution Award.
2013: Elevation to IEEE Fellow (within 8 years after Ph.D, one of the quickest in IEEE history).
2013: The prestigious IEEE 2012 Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award.
2005~Present: 8 NSF grant awards; 6 DoD grant awards.
2004~Present: Over 11,000 citations; 8 journal papers as the top 10 most highly cited papers among the ones published over the same periods in the respective journals (one ranked 1st and three ranked 2nd, according to data of 2/16/2014 for Web of Science).
2011: TAMU TEES Select Young Faculty Fellow for outstanding research performance.
2009: The best paper award at the International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, Nanjing, China.
2007: The best paper award at the Second International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications, Orlando, FL.
International Evaluation Committee (国际评审委员)：
- Canada NSERC／Canada 150 program／Canada Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation
Steering Committee (国际期刊指导委员会):
- IEEE Transactions on Big Data (2014-present):
- IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking (2016-present)
Area Editor and Associate Editor (国际期刊领域主编和副主编)：
- Area Editor for IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (2015-present);
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Big Data (2015-present);
- Associate Editor for IEEE JSAC Series on Green Communications and Networking (2015-2016);
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (2011-2015);
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (2010-2015);
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (2007-2009);
- Associate Editor for IEEE Communication Letters (2006-2008);
Technical Committee Leadership (国际技术委员会)：
- IEEE Communication Society Wireless Technical Committee (WTC): Chair/主席 (2017- 2018);
- IEEE Communication Society Wireless Technical Committee (WTC): Vice Chair/副主席、主席 (2015- 2016);
- IEEE Communication Society Wireless Technical Committee (WTC): Secretary/秘书长 (2013- 2014);
- IEEE Signal Processing Society SPCOM Technical Committee: Elected Member (2009-2013); Chair of Government/industry Relationship Sub-committee;
IEEE Internet of Things Journal Special Issue on
AI Powered Network Management: Data Driven Approaches under Resource Constraints