- 7/2014 – onwards, Professor, UC Davis.
- 7/2008 – 6/2014, Associate Professor, UC Davis.
- 2007 – present, External Professor, Santa Fe Institute.
- 7/2005 – 6/2008, Assistant Professor, UC Davis. Joined GGCS 2005, GGAM 2007.
- 2002-2005, Postdoctoral Fellow, Microsoft Research: Theory Group.
- 1999-2002, Postdoctoral Fellow, Bell Labs: Math Center and Theoretical Physics Groups
- 1999, PhD in Statistical Physics, MIT, for work done jointly in the Lab for Computer Science.
- Fellow, Network Science Society, Class of 2019.
- Euler Award of the Network Science Society, 2019.
- UC Davis College of Engineering Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Research Award, 2017.
- Fellow, American Physical Society, Class of 2016.
- President, Network Science Society, 2015-2018.
Inaugural Member, Global Young Academy, InterAcademy Panel, 2010-2014.
- Kavli Fellow, National Academy of Sciences USA: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011.