Ph.D., University of Arizona
- Assistant Professor, (1984-89), Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Ohio State University.
- NASA Faculty Fellow, (1985 and 1986) NASA Lewis Research Center.
- Associate Professor, (1989-96) Dept of Mech. And Aero Engineering, UC Davis.
- Full Professor, (1996-present) Dept of Mech and Aero Engineering, UC Davis.
- Consultant, (1984-present) Various Aerospace Companies in Structural Dynamics, Aeroelasticity, Noise Control, Nonlinear Finite Element Formulations, Acoustics and System Design of mechanical and aerospace systems/subsystems.
- Payload Manager, 1987 , NASA Get Away Special Experiment G-0318, Material Processing in Space.
- Reviewer, AIAA journals, IJNME, ASME journals and proposals from Air Force and NSF.
- Member, Space Research Advisory Committee, California.
Honors/ Awards and Professional Societies:
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Progress in Aerospace.
- Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).
- Member of North American Spine Society (NASS); IEEE; SAE
- Founding director of DynaaTECC; SpaceED; SMARTLAB; iPGS; TNCC
- Amelia Earhart Fellow, wings and medal for her research in aerospace.
- Honorary Member, Golden Key national Honor Society.
- Teetor Educational award, in recognition of her significant contributions to teaching, research and student development.
- Faculty Advisor to Flight Vehicle design Aerobrick team, which took 1st place at a national competition (40 colleges) with their all composite 1/7th scale design R/C aircraft by demonstrating a flight with 5.5 times of structural weight as payload. (Lockheed Martin/SAE Award).
- Faculty Advisor to Eclipse Rocketry.
Graduate Student Research Advisor:
Directing M.S. thesis and Ph.D. dissertation research of 4-6 students each year. Research areas are in minimum weight design with aeroelastic and acoustic constraints, landing recovery system studies: winged, rotor, or parachute recovery system trades and scaled flight testing, development of advanced finite element methods to solve steep gradient problems of high temperature due to aerodynamic heating or shock loading; Environmental noise control; flow induced vibrations, and innovative power generation systems, Long duration Space flight Effects on Human Spine.