- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015.
- Advanced Teaching Certificate, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015.
- M.S.C.E., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 2010.
- Assistant Professor, University of California, Davis, 2016 – present.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2016.
Honors and Awards
- DFI Young Professor Paper Competition for paper titled “Skin friction directionality in monotonically- and cyclically-loaded bio-inspired piles in sand”, 2020
- NSF CAREER Award, 2020
- Vic Milligan Award (runner up) for paper titled “interface response-based soil classification framework”, 2020
- Hellman Fellowship, 2018
- ExCEEd (Excellence in Civil Engineering Education) ASCE Fellow, 2018
- Jean-Lou Chameau Research Excellence Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015.
- George F. Sowers Distinguished Ph.D. Student Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015.
- ADSC Scholarship, 2015
- International Student Leadership Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2014.
- Goizueta Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2013, 2015.
- James S. Lai Outstanding Master’s Student Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012.
Professional and Service Activities
- Faculty Advisor, UC Davis GeoWall team.
- Diversity Lead at UC Davis, NSF Center for Bio-Mediated and Bio-Inspired Geotechnics
- Reviewer, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnique Letters, Acta Geotechnica, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Geotechnical Testing Journal, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Journal of Cultural Heritage, Journal of Engineering Geology, Journal of Ocean Engineering
- Member, Geo-Institute Engineering Geology and Site Characterization Committee
- Member, Geo-Institute Soil Properties and Modeling Committee
- Member, ISSMGE Geomechanics from Micro to Macro Technical Committee (TC 105)
- Member, ISSMGE Geomechanics from Tailings and Mine Wastes (TC 221)
- Member, Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaissance (GEER) Association
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and Geo-Institute
Link to professional CV