Statics, Engineering Economics, Electric Motor Equipment, Solid Waste Management; Renewable Sources of Energy, Conversion of Organic Wastes into Energy and Compost; Global Warming-Scientific Facts and Myths; Water Quality Management; Water Quality System Design; Stormwater Runoff and Its Impact on the Environment; Water Reuse; Water Resources Engineering Planning.
Water and Wastewater Treatment; Processes Converting Organic Solid Waste into Energy
Bioconversion of Biodegradable Waste into Energy, Advanced Composting, Solid Waste Management Technologies, Solid Waste Management Problem Solving, Bio-Treatment of Toxic Organic Chemical Wastes, and Water Quality Fundamentals.
New Course and Syllabus Development
- Developed two new courses with associated teaching materials related to bio-energy and stormwater pollution and taught them to undergraduates since 2005 at UCD
- Developed short courses in bioenvironmental engineering and fundamentals of water quality and taught them to professionals through UCD Extension, 1995-04
- Developed a new graduate course entitled “Process Converting Organic Solid Waste into Energy” for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UC Davis, and taught it in Spring 1996.
- Developed a comprehensive syllabus for Statics to accompany textbook as a student aid, 1996.
- Prepared three practical courses to educate and train the staff of the California Integrated Waste Management Board on the latest technologies in municipal solid waste management, 1994-97.
- Produced a 20-minute videotape in 1994 of the UC Davis High-Solids Biogasification Project for teaching purposes. This videotape is currently available in the University’s
- Video Archive and is used for several courses at UC Davis.
- Developed a comprehensive syllabus for the Electric Motor Equipment course to aid students with their lab assignments, 1986.
Served as research adviser for thesis and dissertation committee member, dissertation exam and provided financial assistance to research projects for 26 master and PhD students. Past and current graduate students with their degree earned, the year of graduation, and the known position is summarized below:
- Sharla Hardy, PGR, 1992-1995, Project Engineer, City of Stockton
- Karl Lindenauer, PGR, 1992, Professor, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Wes Mindermen, MS, 1993, Senior Engineer, California Integrated Waste Management Board
- Dan Rich, MS, 1994, Senior Project Engineer, EcoLogic Engineering, Inc.
- Blake Tresan, MS, 1995, Senior Project Engineer, Nolte and Associates
- Mike Ma, PhD, 2002, Senior Water Resources Engineer, Fuscoe Engineering, Inc.
- Haejin Lee, PhD, 2003, Agricultural Engineer, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Lee-Hyung Kim, PhD, 2003, Assistant Professor, Kungjo University, Korea
- Sabbir Khan, PhD, 2004, Associate Professor, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)
- Sunny Li, PhD, 2004, Assistant Professor, Beijing Normal University, China
- Joohyan Kang, PhD, 2004, Researcher professor, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Korea
- H. Lee Read, MS, 2005, Environmental firm, Houston, TX
- John Money, MS, 2006, Associate Engineer, County of Sacramento
- Simon Ha, PhD, 2005, Postdoctoral Researcher (last known), University of California at Los Angeles
- Arash Massoudieh, PhD, 2006, Associate Professor, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- Karol Wong, MS, 2007, Snell & Wilmer law firm, Orange County, CA
- Anand Chadhry, MS, 2007, Project engineer, Black and Vetch, London Branch, England
- Ehsan Rasa, MS, 2008, Geosyntec Consultants, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Akshy Vichare, MS, 2008, Project engineer, Chevron Inc.
- Owen Ransom, MS, 2008, PhD student at the University of California, Davis
- Ramin Yazdani, PhD, (2010), Senior Engineer, Yolo County, Woodland, CA.
- Erica McKenzie, MS (2010), Post-doc, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- Lin Chai, MS (2010), PhD student at the Philadelphia University, PA
- Ali Abrishamchi, PhD, (2011), M3 Consulting Engineers, Sacramento, California
- Jon Leatherbarrow, PhD (2011), San Francisco Bay Estuary Institute
- Scott Moskowitz, MS (2012), Peace Corps, Water and Sanitation Program, Peru.